A Greener Calgary
Climate change is real, with impacts on our daily lives in the form of hotter days, higher pollution levels, and extreme weather events. Calgary should be a leader in tackling climate change by lowering greenhouse gas emissions and creating a cleaner environment.
As a City Councillor, I would support the following:
- Retrofit all municipal buildings to become more energy efficient.
- Pursue a transition to electric vehicles for the municipal fleet.
- Pursue the possibility of a cost efficient transition to hydrogen-fuelled vehicles for Calgary Transit’s bus fleet.
- Help to ensure that C-trains run on clean electricity through the procurement of power purchase
- Insist that ENMAX, owned by the City, transitions to a net-zero future by investing in clean renewable generation.
Do you like this page?